Sunday, April 22, 2012

“Brown hair, blue eyes, enjoys long walks on the beach…”

On Friday I did something I’ve never done before…saw a movie by myself!  Ha, before you think it’s a step backwards, know that I found the experience very empowering.  My school girl crush on Zac Efron was allowed to flourish without dragging anyone else into it.

I enjoyed a beautiful day on Saturday.  After heading to church, I joined my friends in the congregation to a picnic lunch on the beach.  Great food, great weather, and a very long beach walk with my Polish friend Gosia.    Little did I know my current location is roughly an hour and a half from the ocean. 




Sunday was also nice and sunny, and I had two nice walks around the farm.  Which of course justified for me some mindless TV time…and it was then that I discovered NZ has caught up to where I left off with a few of my favorite shows from home.  Excellent!  It was a little weird watching the Christmas episodes again, but I’ll take it!

Tomorrow begins my last week of work with my current family- wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. you are admitting that you have "brown hair"??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha brooke i was just about to comment the same thing, I have never heard an admission of anything but blond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you two. Yes, it was hard for me to write!!! But I think it's impossible for me to deny my brown hair anymore. After I cut it short, it's stayed very brown. I don't even see any blonde anymore:(
    Never fear, I think I'll be dyeing it blonde again one day...when I have more money to spend on frivolous stuff!

    ReplyDelete