We lucked out with some free wifi in Cairns, so I'll write a quick update!
TODAY I SNORKLED IN THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!!!!!!
Yup, that was pretty damn cool. I saw sea turtles, a giant sea clam, and tons of tropical fish. Becky was my "snorkling buddy"- safety, first! ;)
I'm still warm from all the sun. I think it's in the 80's and beautiful. I FINALLY got the warm summer-like days I've been waiting for! At the end of Winter and in a city I'm leaving in a day and a half, but I'll take what I can get.
Mom and Becky are lame and fall asleep by 8pm, but I guess I can't really blame them. I've had a few months to get over the time difference :) They're snoring away as I write.
In Sydney, we went to an aquarium, up the Sydney Eye for a panoramic view of the city, and to a small zoo. The highlight was finally seeing koalas! Absolutely adorable.
In an embarrassing update, I completely "Marilyn Monroe'd" the top deck of the cruise ship we rode on to the Island we snorkled off of today. Yes, the top deck had a few laughs as I thanked the universe for full coverage panties. I bet the look on my face was priceless.
It's been so awesome having Mom and Becky to travel with. They've been great, and we've been filling our days with the perfect mix of touristy adventures and relaxation. We head to Wellington on Sunday for the leg of the journey that I planned (Beck took care of Australia). Wine will be involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment