Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Last Day in NZ


I spent my last evening in New Zealand with the lovely Watson family, the Irish friends I made.  They invited me to their house for a nice meal to send me off when they learned I'd be staying in a hostel in the city.  We had roast chicken with vegetables and finished with blueberry cobbler and ice cream.  It was the best ending to my NZ experience!

Patrick offered to get up early and take me to the airport before work.  I couldn't sleep the night before and ended up falling sleep around 1am.  My 4:15am alarm came all to early...so early, in fact, that I turned off my alarm instead of hitting snooze like I thought.  At 4:45am, only five minutes before we had planned to leave the house for my 6:30am flight to Sydney, I frantically stumbled downstairs.  I was ready five minutes later and we were out the door.  We had nothing to worry about; we were at the airport around 5:30am and I was waiting at the gate 15 minutes after that.  Plenty of time!  Quantas was a nice airline to fly.  I had a hearty breakfast and watched TV shows the whole three hour flight.

And that brings me back to Australia!  I'm now 15 hours ahead of WI.  In simpler terms, you're now 9 hours ahead of me.  

My new cell number while in AU is 0420800846.

I'm still feeling really happy here!  It's a shame that I didn't start out in Australia, but you know, I probably wouldn't be fully appreciating what I have now without what I came from.  Now that I'm 27, I'm full of wisdom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment