Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 12 Odds and Ends

- I have two more favorites to share.  I just had the privilege of trying cape gooseberries, and let me tell ya- amazing!!!   So unlike any fruit I’ve had before.  And I decided to sample some fancy yogurt recently, and that also tops my favorite list of best yogurt I’ve ever had.  I love food.  And I love that I’m finding such good stuff here!

-Biscuit has been weaned this week.  I’m a little sad to lose my fun morning chore; her gallop towards me always made me start my day with a smile.  She still bellers at me when she sees me walk from the cottage to the house to start work in the morning, but I’ve been letting her know I still love her but can’t feed her.  Yes, she is my little buddy.

-If you still have my old cell phone number, you can delete it.  As much as I loved that number, I’ll start fresh with a new one when I get home!

-My last day with this family is officially set- April 27th

-This is my favorite picture so far.  Joy was captured in this moment while climbing the volcano with Marie (it was still early enough in the climb where fear hadn’t completely kicked in yet).  I get moments where I stop and marvel “I am in New Zealand.  I did it.”  This was one of them where I thought to myself how incredible it is that I’m having this experience right now, and it just so happened to be caught on camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment