Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rangiwahia Hut Track, You Are Mine!



Friends, I have good news- I successfully completed the Rangiwahia Rut Track, a local bush walk through some steep ranges in the area.  It took me four hours as expected, and I was much more confident than my first attempt.  If you’ll recall, my first hike resulted in me eating almost all of the food I brought in the first 30 minutes.  I can now proudly say I can at least be considered as a choice on Survivor after not needing to eat anything I brought this time around. 

Nothing notable occurred- I saw beautiful scenery, I got a great workout, and my legs burned a whole lot less (yes, daily walks, you are helping!).  There was a minor infraction when I stopped for a bathroom break only to meet a cute guy shortly after on the trail (keep in mind that in four hours, I saw maybe six people).  I didn’t think anything of it until I stopped and looked back on the trail, realizing from his vantage point, my secluded spot was not so secluded at all.  I’ll never know, and thankfully, I’ll never see him again either!

The waterfall near the top (this picture makes it look much  bigger than it was, but it was pretty!)

The hut at the top; people can overnight and continue hiking (what they call "tramping" here)

No comments:

Post a Comment