I'm in AUSTRALIA!!!!!!
I've spent the past two days with Donna and her family. Donna was visiting relatives in Wisconsin over 10 years ago when she needed an alternative place to stay. My friend Jen (from the Osceola area) and her family took her in. When Jen learned of me needing a place to stay, she immediately suggested Donna, and I was welcomed into her home. Sometimes I'm not good at receiving from people (I'm much more of a giver), but it's good to know that one day, like Donna, I'll be able to "pay it forward" as well! Again, I'm so lucky you set us up, Jen!!
I'm living in Canberra for an undetermined amount of time.
On August 19th, I'll be flying from Sydney to Parkes to visit my parent's old friends and my old neighbors growing up. The Gibby's moved from dairy farming next to our farm in Verona in the early '90's to Montana. I have many happy family memories of heading out west to visit on family vacations. From Montana, the family moved to Australia when their daughter, Season, married an Aussie. Season may or may not have babysat me before she left Wisconsin, and she'll be picking me up from the airport and getting me settled in when I arrive. How very cool it will be to see everyone again!
Today is my birthday! Donna's son is having a birthday party today (his birthday was July 26th), and I was added in to the celebrations. Donna made me a gluten free/dairy free chocolate cake. I was also surprised upon waking by being serenaded with "Happy Birthday to You" followed by a few traditional Australian gifts. How sweet! Donna has her mom and two Aunts visiting from Perth (the equivalent distance of flying from NY to CA), so we're a full house right now. And about 20 guests will be here for Eddie's birthday later today.
Just got to talk to my family and Sasha. So nice to get some birthday wishes; it's weird having my birthday here in Australia but it's still the 28th at home. Mom got up and first thing sent me an email!
The party is starting in an hour, so it's time to shower and get out of my PJs!
No comments:
Post a Comment